Bedtime Stories Book Swap – NEW EVENT!
Thursday, January 17, 6:30pm in Bowman Gym
We are excited to bring back our Book Swap event to Bowman on January 17th – but with a new “storytelling/singing around the campfire” twist! Our “Bedtime Stories”
Book Swap event will feature:
– our traditional book swap: Bring up to 5 books appropriate for grades K-8 (no board books or books with torn pages, please)
And new this year:
– An “Open Mic”: Would you or your student(s) like to share a poem, song, or short story? Perhaps your student would like to share something that they’ve written for “Bowman Writes” magazine? If so, please sign up by Monday, January 14th for a slot: http://bit.ly/BowmanOpenMic.
– Literacy-themed crafts: Make your own bookmarks and/or reading lantern. If you’d like to make a lantern, please bring a mason jar or other empty, label-free jar, and we’ll provide the rest of the materials for your creations.
– A singalong lantern parade
– Special guest storytellers/musicians
As in past years, we need your help! Volunteer tasks include setting up, welcoming/directing attendees, assisting with crafts, and cleaning up. Please sign up for a volunteer slot: http://bit.ly/2019Stories
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day/No School
Monday, January 21, 2019
PTA Meetings in January
Wednesday, January 23, 7pm (evening meeting)
Thursday, January 24, 8:45am (daytime meeting)
Principal Coffee – BYOC/T Bring Your Own Coffee/Tea – DATE CHANGED!
Special guest presenter, Julie Fenn, will be sharing information with parents about the human growth and development lessons for the coming year.
Friday, January 25, 8:45am
Family Math Night – Grades 4 & 5
Tuesday January 29, 2019 at 6:30pm in Bowman Cafeteria
Kids and their parents are invited to explore cooperative games, puzzles, and other math-related activities in a fun environment. No need to be a math whiz to enjoy this event–all ability levels are encouraged!
Bowman Science Fair
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Math Night – Grades 2 & 3
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 6:30pm in Bowman Cafeteria
Vacation Week – No School
February 18-22, 2019
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Math Night – Grades K & 1
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 in the Bowman Cafeteria
2 sessions: 6:30-7:10pm or 7:15-8:00pm
Sign up now
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Bowman Variety Show – AT BOWMAN!
Friday, March 29, 2019 in the Bowman Gym
Disco Bingo Night / Class Basket Raffle
Friday, April 5, 2019 in the Bowman Gym
Please Join the Bowman PTA!
Sign up for membership now! We have new membership levels and new swag items for the 2018-19 school year. Sign up now! There’s still swag left.
As parents, one of the best things we can do to support our children’s education is to get involved at school. We realize that not everyone has the time and flexibility to volunteer, but simply contributing to the PTA by purchasing a membership helps ensure that we can continue to provide programs aimed at enriching Bowman’s amazing educational experience.
Please join, or renew your membership and help us make this year the best year yet for Bowman!