Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 7pm
Passport to the World Celebration (SIGN-UP DATES EXTENDED TO MAY 10!)
Thursday, May 30, 2019
Passport To The World has been a Bowman tradition where we have the opportunity to celebrate and learn from each other’s identities, culture and traditions. Everyone is invited to attend!
- World Pavilion 5:00-6:30 PM – Cafeteria – Featuring booths to showcase families’ cultures, traditional dress, pictures, maps and other treasures. (Please, NO food at booths) Sign up by May 10th to host a booth: https://bit.ly/2UMbThk
- International Potluck 5:00-6:30 PM – Outdoor Shade Structure – Try some dishes from around the world, and bring a dish to share from your home. Please bring a card identifying your dish with a list of all ingredients (for food allergies). Compostable napkins, utensils, plates and cups will be provided by the PTA Green Team. (Rain location: inside halls)
- Evening Performance 6:45-7:30 PM – Gymnasium – With music, dance, or skits from your family’s heritage. Only 10 acts will be featured, so sign up early! (Please note that performances MUST be limited to 3 minutes each) Performers may sign up by May 10th: https://bit.ly/2WUhLTh
- Parent Volunteers are always needed for a successful night! Sign up: https://bit.ly/2ImWoG3
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All-School Field Day
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Bowman’s All-Grade field day is scheduled for June 12. Mr. Kane has a wonderful day planned for the students, and we need parent volunteers to join in the fun that day! See the Field Day Schedule.
Sign up to help on Field Day: Field Day Sign Up
We need parents to help with equipment set up, game facilitators (for three time frames), water station attendants, first aid attendants, lunch servers, and equipment breakdown. Lunch will be provided by Whitsons that day and occur outside. Volunteers might consider helping for lunch while your child is not scheduled for field day. Currently there are only station numbers – activity names and descriptions will be provided prior to field day.
LPS food service provider, “Whitson’s” is planning an outdoor cookout during our regularly scheduled lunch times (please see Bowman Field Day June 12 Lunch Menu.docx). Students and/or adults interested in purchasing school lunch need to have money in their school account. We are unable to accept cash. The cost for student lunch will be $4.00 and adults will be $4.50. As always, children are welcome to bring a lunch from home.
Additionally, we need to borrow 3-4 outdoor canopies/tents so we can set up tables for various stations. If you have a tent or canopy that we can borrow for Field Day, please contact email@example.com for coordination.
ON Field Day June 12 – Preparing your child in the morning, reminders to all families:
Bring a water bottle (label with your name)
Sunscreen, bug/tick repellant may be applied at home
Students many not bring to school & teachers may not apply
Please contact Jean Claffey (school nurse) if you have any questions
Bring a towel (label with your name) – students will need this for a picnic as well as for spectating the grade 5 kickball game.
Review the Whitson’s lunch menu and ensure there is money in the school account if purchasing lunch that day.
Please wear either Bowman Spirit Wear OR grade level shirt color:
K Red; 1st Yellow; 2nd Blue; 3rd Orange; 4th Purple; 5th Green
If there are any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fifth Grade Moving On Ceremony
Thursday, June 13, 2019, 8:45-10:30am, Bowman School
The Ceremony will be held in the gymnasium, followed by refreshments served outside (weather permitting).
Due to the large class size and space limitations, students may invite 3 guests maximum (including siblings).
Last Day of School (Half Day)
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Summer Orientation For New Families and Incoming Kindergarten Students
- August 20 – New to Bowman Parent/Guardian K-5 Information Night, 7-8pm
- August 21 – New to Bowman Student/Family Tour For Grades 1-5, 9:30-11am
- August 25 – LexFun Kindergarten Meet Up, 10:30am-12pm
- August 26 – Kindergarten Sneak Peek, 2-3:00pm
Please Join the Bowman PTA!
Sign up for membership now! We have new membership levels and new swag items for the 2018-19 school year. Sign up now! There’s still swag left.
As parents, one of the best things we can do to support our children’s education is to get involved at school. We realize that not everyone has the time and flexibility to volunteer, but simply contributing to the PTA by purchasing a membership helps ensure that we can continue to provide programs aimed at enriching Bowman’s amazing educational experience.
Please join, or renew your membership and help us make this year the best year yet for Bowman!