The Bowman PTA organizes and partially funds the following activities that your 5th grade child will be invited to participate in:
Moving On Ceremony and Reception
Teacher Coordinator: Neil Taylor & Kathy Abou-Rjaily
Parent Coordinators: Karin Ornstein, Alison Stevens, Courtney Lauriat
Date: Thursday June 4
Location: Bowman School (Please note: this is a ticketed event)
Set up the night before – 6pm
• The ceremony takes place in the gym; the reception is immediately following outside under the shade structure; 4th grade parents set up and serve cake and water at the reception
Teacher Coordinator: Neil Taylor & Len Swanton
Parent Coordinator: Stacey Caravella, Melinda Nasardinov
• As part of the end of the year “Moving On” celebration, each 5th grade student will receive a link with access to the class video (with pictures of their classmates) which is shown at the Moving On Ceremony.
Teacher Coordinator: Julie Gallardo & Neil Taylor
Parent Coordinators: Kavita Ravi, Sisy Thomas, Stephanie Eng, Lauren Feeny, Laura Lewis
• As part of the end of the year “Moving On” celebration, each 5th grade student will receive a yearbook.
5th Grade T-Shirt
Teacher Coordinator: Len Swanton
Parent Coordinator: Valerie Machinist, Lisa Premerlani
• Each 5th grade student will receive a T-shirt to commemorate their days at Bowman School to be worn at Spaghetti Dinner, Field Day, etc.
5th Grade Luau Event
Teacher Coordinator: Ann Matthews
Parent Coordinators: Karin Ornstein, Heather Ford, Selin Arslan, Susan Taverna McLaughlin
Date: Friday June 5
Location: Bowman Gym
• 5th Grade students social event to celebrate “moving on” from Bowman.
Teacher Coordinator: Len Swanton & Kathy Abou-Rjaily
Parent Coordinators: Gary Van Deurse, Michelle Andronaco, Katie Quick, Lisa Hoefkens, Heather Ford
Time: 3 dinner shifts 5:30pm, 6:30pm and 7:30pm
Date: March 5, 2019
Location: Bowman Gymnasium/Cafeteria
• This is a fundraiser organized and run by 5th grade students and parents but attendees can be from all grades! 5th grade students will be the servers for the dinner. The proceeds will be used to offset the cost of the 5th grade activities.
• Ticket sales for the dinner are open to all families in the Bowman School community.
A classic field day of games and races for the entire school on Tuesday June 9.
Questions? Want to volunteer for an activity?
Contact 5th Grade Activities Organizers at email@example.com.