Bowman PTA Google Group
What is the Google Group?
The main purpose of the Bowman PTA Google group is to facilitate healthy and productive discussion between parents and staff at Bowman. In addition, postings such as PTA announcements, volunteer opportunities, questions about upcoming events, and community news items are typical topics in the group.
How Do I Join the Group?
Join the PTA Google group by going to https://groups.google.com/g/bowmanpta.
What are the Guidelines for the Discussion Group?
Here are the guidelines that have been in place since the list was created.
- Keep politics off the list.
- Please don’t use the list to endorse a business.
- When posting, consider whether replies are likely to be interesting to the entire group. If not, please ask people explicitly to send their responses directly to you instead of to the list at large. Include your email address in the message to make it easy for them to do so.
- As a corollary to #3 – If you post asking for volunteers for a school event, recommendations for a piano teacher, or anything else where the answers aren’t likely to be interesting to the entire group – please ask people explicitly to send their responses directly to you instead of to the list at large. Include your email address in the message to make it easy for them to do so. After a few days, if appropriate, you might post a summary of recommended piano teachers for anyone else who might be interested.
- Please identify yourself in your emails.
- Please don’t use profanity or say anything offensive. Also, there are Bowman staff members on this list, so please be sensitive to their points of view. This really hasn’t been a problem on this list – everyone’s been very nice to each other – but I figured I should say it anyway.
The main concern is to make the group a comfortable place for everyone in the Bowman community. Please help keep it that way. Thank you.