Beginning January 2020, we will me migrating from Yahoo Groups to Google Groups.
- January 2020: Begin transition to Google Groups. Bowman PTA will post community announcements to BOTH “Bowman PTA” Google Group and “Bowman PTA Talk” Yahoo Group.
- February 2020: Bowman PTA will ONLY post community announcements to “Bowman PTA” Google Group. It is encouraged that members post to the “Bowman PTA” Google Group, but can continue to use Yahoo Group through the end of the school year.
- June 2020: After the 2019-2020 school year, the the Yahoo Group will be locked and new messages will not be able to be posted
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Bowman PTA Google Group
What is the Google Group?
The main purpose of the Bowman PTA Google group is to facilitate healthy and productive discussion between parents and staff at Bowman. In addition, postings such as PTA announcements, volunteer opportunities, questions about upcoming events, and community news items are typical topics in the group.
How Do I Join the Group?
Join the PTA Google group by going to https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bowmanpta. You can now join immediately through January 31, 2020 during the transition from Yahoo Groups. Beginning February 1, 2020, you must request membership with approval from a moderator.
Visit Google Groups Help Center for How-Tos
Visit https://support.google.com/groups?hl=en#topic=9216 for how-to guides (how to post messages, etc.)
What are the Guidelines for the Discussion Group?
Here are the guidelines that have been in place since the list was created.
- Keep politics off the list.
- Please don’t use the list to endorse a business.
- When posting, consider whether replies are likely to be interesting to the entire group. If not, please ask people explicitly to send their responses directly to you instead of to the list at large. Include your email address in the message to make it easy for them to do so.
- As a corollary to #3 – If you post asking for volunteers for a school event, recommendations for a piano teacher, or anything else where the answers aren’t likely to be interesting to the entire group – please ask people explicitly to send their responses directly to you instead of to the list at large. Include your email address in the message to make it easy for them to do so. After a few days, if appropriate, you might post a summary of recommended piano teachers for anyone else who might be interested.
- Please identify yourself in your emails.
- Please don’t use profanity or say anything offensive. Also, there are Bowman staff members on this list, so please be sensitive to their points of view. This really hasn’t been a problem on this list – everyone’s been very nice to each other – but I figured I should say it anyway.
The main concern is to make the BowmanPTA Google Group list a comfortable place for everyone in the Bowman community. Please help keep it that way. Thank you.