Marketing Your Event Outside of Bowman
Here are some marketing tips for any event planner on the PTA Board:
1. Lexington Minuteman: email the editor directly, submissions for the week’s circulation are due by Monday noon (of that week). Ben Aaronson (BAaronson@wickedlocal.com)
2. Lexington Patch: post on their community calendar and contact editor, Patrick Ball, at firstname.lastname@example.org, he may be able to do a brief profile on the event.
To post to calendar: http://lexington.patch.com/events and then click on “add an event”; you’ll need to join Patch to do this – once you have done so, the steps to add an event are easy!
3. Bowman PTA Presidents can send any marketing emails to the other school’s PTA/PTO Presidents who can then post to their school listservs.
4. Post to the LexFUN! listserv (LexFUN@yahoogroups.com). (If you are not a member, Bowman PTA Presidents can help with this as well); also post on lexParents@yahoogroups.com (503 members) or email@example.com (1095 members).
5. Colonial Times (they are bi-monthly, and usually close 4 weeks prior); contact Jim Shaw, editor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
6. Depending on your event – check with Colleen Smith (email@example.com) regarding a promo/PSA-type listing on Lex Media. She is often looking for ideas for her show (LexGO).
7. A few posters around town help to create awareness as well; “key” community boards are: